Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A little girl's dream...

Hey there! I am excited about this post! I have finally finished my daughter's room! (Enough to post it!)  It has been a work in progress, but I'm happy with how it turned out!  Her room is HUGE, and we laugh and say she sleeps in the "playroom."  Her bed is so tiny in a room full of toys!  She also has very tall ceilings!  One of the wonderful things about an old house, and something she won't appreciate until she's older! Here is the view from the hallway.


Her walls are "Cucumber" by Sherwin Williams.  I panicked when my dad put the first brush stroke on the wall because it was SO vibrant!! It looked like a highlighter against her snow white trim!  Thankfully it turned out to be perfect once the whole room was done!



This is one of the parts of the room that is not completely finished, but enough for now.  She just has this hand-me-down dresser that I painted white.  One day she'll have her own furniture.


Close up of the dresser.  I'm waving to ya! :)

Bow holder I made when she was a baby and her dollhouse stuff

This is the view of her bathroom wall.  I showed you her bathroom here.  (It is getting redone for her birthday! Stay tuned!)

The leaf and flower night lights are from Ikea!  Cute cute cute!

Toys galore...



Her smaller toys are stored in these containers that also came from Ikea.  I painted the little canvas' with 3 different flowers native to our beautiful state!  (they just happen to be my favorite 3!)

My dad built this little nightstand in his highschool shop class.  It has been handed down and painted many times! We keep her books stored underneath!

Can you tell we like books?  Here are a few more favorites...

And another book basket...

So that is our sweet girl's room!  She loves to play in there and is happy to show it off to anyone who stops by! Hope you enjoyed the tour! :)

2 comments:

  1. THis is SO cute! I love everything about it! Makes me think I need some pink in my house....hmmmm...

    Emily H

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME!!! You did a great job :-)

    Christine K

    ReplyDelete