Thursday, April 12, 2012

Powder Room

Hellllooo!  (I always hear Mrs. Doubtfire in that high pitched voice when I type that "Hellllooo!!!")  Ok, moving on.  I hope you all had a fantastic Easter weekend!  I apologize for the lack of posts-it always takes me several days to recover after a holiday for some reason!  Our roofing project is underway and it is looking GREAT!!  It is really amazing what a new roof does for the look of your home!  My dad and his helper have been hard at work since Monday and after watching them for a few minutes here and there, I can once again say I am glad I am not involved in this project!! They are exhausted by the end of the day and I can't blame them.  I don't think I'd last more than an hour up there.  The dormer project starts today!! The contractor should be here in about an hour!  He was supposed to start a couple weeks ago, but he got held up at another job and we wanted to wait for this specific guy.  The windows should be done in another few weeks!!  I have been taking pictures of what I can without getting in the way, and I'll share those in another post.  Today, I wanted to show you our 1/2 bath, or the "Powder Room" as we say in this house.  My mom always called it the powder room growing up, so that has stuck.  This house had 2 bathrooms when we bought it, but as we were reworking Audrey's bath under the staircase, I realized how much wasted space we were going to have under the steps!  I considered a linen closet, but decided I would rather have a 1/2 bath.  Maybe it was because we had so many random people in and out doing construction, but I just wasn't thrilled at the thought of everyone having to go in our room or Audrey's room to use the bathroom.  I like the idea of a "guest bath."  I'm going to say "oh, it wasn't hard at all!!! It was SO easy!  Absolute breeze!"  But, you can probably guess how much I had to do with it.... :)  In all honesty, we just had a hole cut out and then the framer threw up some short little walls.  Since it is under the staircase, the ceiling is a low, slanted ceiling, but we were able to get it high enough that it is comfortable and everyone fits! :)  Here are a few pictures!








 My mom and I found this vanity at a consignment store before the bathroom was even framed!  We loved it and thought it was perfect, so we bought it and prayed the whole way home it would fit in there since the store wouldn't take it back! Haha!  It sat in her living room for a few weeks before the room was done and we could move it in!  Like a glove!!  (Ace Ventura, anyone?)






So that's our itty bitty powder room.  1/2 bath.  Guest bath.  Hall bath.  Do you have one?  What do you call it???

No comments:

Post a Comment