Friday, March 30, 2012

Here we go!

Hey y'all!! I have good news! Actually..lots of good news!!

1. I've been having computer issues.  It was driving me batty.  I called my hubby at work on Monday and politely told him the laptop would be laying in the driveway for him to run over when he got home because I had just tossed it out the window.  Ok...I didn't really throw it out the window. But I did call and tell him I was going to.  I've been using his old desk top to update as I could.  Then yesterday I ran to pick up dinner while he was on his way home from work.  When I got home, there was something on the island covered with a blanket.  Would you believe that sweet man surprised me with a brand spankin' new macbook pro?!!!  I couldn't believe it myself!  He loves me. :)  He said to consider it his "contribution to my blog." Haha...

2.  Wednesday night we signed our life away to get some new windows!  36 new windows to be exact!  The company we are using makes their own windows, so we have to wait about 4-6 weeks, but I cannot wait!!!!!

3.  It's birthday plannin' time again!  That's right, my sweet Walker man will be 1 on April 28th!!  I am doing a baseball theme for his party, and already having so much fun planning it!! You know I love to throw a good birthday party!

4.  Roof and dormer work will begin Monday!!!  The contractor said he will need 8-10 days to build the dormer and my dad will be doing the roof in the meantime!  I will take lots of pictures of everything!  Here are some pictures of what we are working with....


This is how we found the upstairs when we bought the house.  I did not take these pictures.  If you'll recall, I was too scared to go up.  Does the crib and rocker give anyone else the heebie-jeebies???



Here is the first time I went up!  This is after they took the walls down and rebuilt the floors and roof supports!  Don't I look thrilled? See how I'm RIGHT above the stairs incase I need to make a quick escape?! :)


Old roof support...



New roof support...



Framing the rooms and bathroom

Sheetrock up!

This is where I stopped taking pictures, because we have just been using the space as attic.  Do any of you have a closet that you open juuuuuuust a crack big enough to throw something else in and then SLAM the door shut really fast so you aren't involved in an avalanche??  THAT is the best way to describe our upstairs. :)  We have some work to do before Monday....

1 comment:

  1. You're right. That roof certainly needs to be replaced and not only it looks a little haunting, it also looks like it might collapse any moment. It's good that it's one of the first areas you've been concerned with in remodeling this farmhouse, since a roof is a very important structure to protect the house from outdoor elements. Newer roofs are also more durable, and can help you reduce your monthly energy costs by improving the insulation.

    Vinylume Inc.

    ReplyDelete