Since I'm on this old computer, I figured I could use this time to show you some old pictures! I recently read that blog readers like when the blogger shares personal details about themselves and their life. It helps us connect. Or something like that. So here you have it....10 random facts about me....complete with OLD pictures!
1. I've been kidnapped. Ok, not REALLY kidnapped. But close enough. My bridesmaids wrapped my head in toilet paper, cuffed my hands behind my back, and threw me into a car. Then made me stay like that while they drove me to an undisclosed location for my bachelorette party. It was fun. And scary. At least the one who was driving fed me candy while we rode. :)
2. Literally as far back as I can remember, I've wanted to be a wife and mother. I couldn't WAIT to get married and have babies!! Maybe that's why I scared off so many boyfriends. Maybe they could tell I was constantly wondering in my head if they were the one I was going to marry. Ha. I also bought my wedding dress before I was engaged. True story! At least I was dating the man I was going to marry! Haha! I just called him casually and told him my mom and I had gone to a bridal store at lunch and I bought a dress! Scared the dickens outta him.... :)
3. I had the same best friend from the time I was 9 years old. I met her in 4th grade and we stayed best friends ever since. She moved to Florida for work, and we kind of grew apart in the past few years, but we do our best to stay in touch. She was my maid of honor. (Along with my sister.) I miss her. A lot.
4. Ben and I both adore the beach, and our children seem to be beach babies too. I lived in Hilton Head before I moved here, and was minutes from the beach, and Ben grew up spending his summers at Myrtle Beach. We go as often as we can, and the kids LOVE it. Well, Audrey loves it. Walker was just a couple months old when he went last summer, but I know he will love it this year. I can't wait to put my toes in the sand!!
9. I would love to visit every state in the US, but I have no desire what so ever to leave the country. I know some of you are trying to lift your jaw back up off the floor. I'm just not a big traveler. Thankfully, neither is Ben. We are perfectly happy staying in the good ol' USA.
10. I married someone who is the exact opposite of me. I know some people don't believe in the whole opposites attract theory, but in our case, it's true! Ben would love to throw a party and have a house full of people every night of the week. I'm happy with just my hubby and my babies at home all snuggled in bed together watching TV, or playing a game. Ben loves outdoor stuff-camping, hunting, fishing, kayaking, hiking, you name it. I am much happier in the air condition with clean bathroom facilities and bug free. Ben doesn't plan a thing in his life. I think you know I'm the opposite. Ben is not a worrier...he thinks things will just work themselves out. (He's usually right about this.) Ben is a dreamer. I am a realist. You get the picture. But, it works for us. We're coming up on 5 years of marriage! This picture was taken about a month after we started dating.