Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring has sprung! And a peek at our pantry!

A few months before we moved in, we were very sad to come home one night to find that our sweet kitty, "The Fonz," had been hit by a car and passed away.  :(  He was a good kitty, and we all miss him! Even though it was late at night, we drove out to the farm house to bury him.  The Fonz loved to be outside and loved wide open spaces.  He would have loved it out here!  We buried him right off our back deck under a pecan tree, and last spring I was sweetly surprised to see that the first flowers to bloom were the Daffodils (or Buttercups if you're from the south!) that marked his "grave."  We have had some gorgeous weather here lately, and once again, Fonz's Buttercups have bloomed! :)



We have thoroughly been enjoying the warm Spring weather, playing outside as much as possible!  I am so excited for Spring to actually be here and all that comes with it!! (BABY!!!!)  I showed you our laundry room last time, and mentioned that we had to find a way to build in a pantry since the original pantry cabinets were lost when the kitchen wall came down.  While I love having a big open kitchen, it doesn't leave much wall space.  The best idea we could come up with was to build one into the laundry room.  It turned out to work just fine!  My dad built me some awesome shelves, and it actually holds a ton of food!  So since blogger is being extreeeeeeeemely slow today, here are a few pictures of our pantry!

I painted the shelves white and then did 2 coats of chalkboard paint on the front edge of each shelf.  I love it!  I like a very organized pantry, so it is easy to find something quickly.  The little chalk labels work perfectly for me.  Please ignore the JUNK on the floor...I won't mention the name of the person who piled it all in there, but see those giant shoes??  NOT mine! :)




Hope you enjoyed the peek at our pantry!  I always love seeing how other people organize their pantries.  Does that make me weird??

No comments:

Post a Comment