Monday, August 6, 2012

School time!

Hey y'all!  We are back from the beach once again!  We decided to make one last weekend trip to wrap up the season for us.  No more beach until next year. :(  I can't even believe it's AUGUST already!! I have to say, I'm pretty excited about it!  As much as I love the beach and swimming with the kiddos, I am much more a fall/winter girl than summer.  I hate being hot, and hot is definitely something that the south does well!  I'm ready for the heat of summer to move along...

In other news, I am excited about August because I will officially start Audrey on a homeschooling routine.  Let me add that we have NOT decided we are homeschooling when our kids get to school age, but it is something that is on my mind more and more lately.  Because she is only 3 1/2, I have ordered a little junior K curriculum and we will also be doing Handwriting Without Tears.  I am SO excited.  She loves learning and doing her "school work."  It will be nice to get into a routine again.  We will also be welcoming back our little friend that I watch during the week!  We have missed our little buddy!

I've also been doing lots of sewing lately, and starting to think of different outfits to make for the kiddos for the fun holidays coming up!  Right now I have planned a Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas outfit for each child, so I need to get started now!! I am also making their Halloween costumes this year- Jessie and Woody from Toy Story. :)  It's safe to say this mama will be in full force sewing mode very soon!  I've started scouring Pinterest for some homemade Christmas gifts as well! Am I the only one thinking about this already?  LOL!  I'll be sure to share my creations!

I did take some pictures of the playroom before we left for the beach, and was going to share them, but I'm just not happy with them.  The room is still too unorganized, and I took them in the early evening and the lighting is terrible.  Give me a few more days and I promise I'll post them.

So what have you all been up to?  Anyone else starting to think about the holidays?? hehehehe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment