Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wall hanging

Hey!  I've been busy on a little project that I first saw in an open house for a house my parents have for sale. I loved the look of it and decided I had to have it hanging over my bed, as I've been wanting to switch things up in our bedroom anyway.  Here's the finished product.  I still haven't decided if I like the frames "scattered" and crooked like this, or if I want to connect them on the backs so they all hang straight.  Right now, this will do.



It's cute, right?  So if you want to make one, here is what you need:

Hooks of your choice.  I used 4 and got them from Hobby Lobby on sale for $1.99 each.


You'll also need a 2 X 4.  I used one we had in the shed and just painted it white.  It's a little under 3.5 feet long.  You'll need the same amount of frames as hooks.  I used 8 X 10 frames and 5 X 7 pictures.



I got this rope at Lowes for hanging the pictures.  It's 50ft and was about $6.  You can have them cut some off a big roll for much cheaper, but I just went this route because I knew I would use the leftovers for another project.  Oh-and because I had Walker with me and he was freaking out in the cart and I wanted a quick exit.


                                You'll need a drill and screws to secure the hooks to the board.


I attached 2 of these hooky things to the back of the board to hang it on the wall.


So basically just line up your frames under the board to get your spacing right.  Then center the hook on the board above each frame and screw them in with your drill.  Measure how far you want the frames to hang under the board and cut your rope.  I actually taped the rope to the back of each frame! haha!








So there ya have it! A quick and easy way to display some pictures! :)  Hope you're all having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment