Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Our Den

Hey folks! Did ya think I disappeared again?  Nope...I've been here...just not with a whole lot of extra time lately!  Starting this past August, I started keeping 2 other babies at home with my own 2 babies.  It was my solution to desperately wanting to stay home with my kids, and also feel like I contribute at least a little financially.  For the most part, it's going well.  There are days where I want to pull my hair out, but the kids are all good babies.  That feeling of wanting to pull my hair out stems more from the fact that I don't usually get a chance to brush my hair...so it's gross and I'd rather just pull it out and be bald to save time. :)  A typical day for me goes something like this...
5:45-wake up and try not to breath so I don't wake my babies
6:00-1st baby arrives (I don't call them 1st baby and 2nd baby...but I'd rather not use their names on here! LOL)
7:15-2nd baby arrives
7:30-walker wakes up
8:00-audrey wakes up
8:15-get all kids to the table for breakfast
8:30-fix breakfast, spoon feed 2 children, give a bottle to 1
9:00-clean up breakfast
10:00-walker is ready for his morning nap
11:00-baby 1 is ready for a nap
12:00-get all babies back to table for lunch
12:30- (repeat breakfast routine with lunch)
1:00-walker ready for nap again...
2:00-baby 1 and 2 ready for nap again...
4:00-baby 2 gets picked up
5:00-baby 1 gets picked up
5:30-start dinner
6:00-eat dinner
6:30-clean up dinner
7:00-bath time
8:00-BED TIME ;)

By this time, I am so exhausted, I normally collapse somewhere.  Oh yea, and don't forget to factor in anywhere from 6-10 diaper changes PER CHILD per day.  You do the math.

In my spare time (hahahahahahahahahahahahahha), I do have several projects I've been wanting to work on.  Here is what is going through my head right now..

-I am about 2 years behind on my scrapbooking...haha.  Who would like to come do my job for a few days and let me just scrapbook until my heart is content? No takers??

-I have also started sewing a simple little Christmas dress for AG.  Because clearly I needed something else to do.

-I really want to learn how to smock.  Just not sure WHEN that would happen.

-I had plans to work upstairs getting everything organized before I pulled all my Christmas stuff out.  BUT-considering I decorate in the middle of November, I'm not sure it's gonna happen.

-I need a bigger car.  My "mid size" SUV only holds 2 carseats, and it's tight.  I would love to be able to take the kids to the park one day since baby number 2 that I watch can walk now!  A Tahoe is definitely in my future!

-I bought a treadmill this summer and was really enjoying running using my 5K app.  Then August came and now I'm wondering when I can fit a run into my day.

-Pinterest depresses me and just reminds me how little free time I have.

-Coffee. That is all.

I will be showing you some pictures of our "finished den" soon.  We still need new windows (in the entire house) and plan to install plantation shutters in the den and the study one day.  But, for the most part, the den is finished.  Here is what it used to look like.




During construction

No comments:

Post a Comment