Friday, April 22, 2011

A Homemade Mantel

Still here and STILL pregnant.  Only 6 more days until we meet this little man unless he comes sooner!  Today I wanted to share another project with you, but it's just a quickie that was done over a weekend.  We had 2 big holes cut into our den wall for the TV and the fireplace, and desperately needed a mantel!  My dad is a pretty handy carpenter if you haven't learned that yet, and I was honestly hoping Ben would learn a little something from him through helping with this project!  I have to say, I'm quite impressed with the results!  Considering they just started drawing, cutting, and nailing one Saturday morning, it turned out pretty darn good!  We got lucky because my parents had an extra mantel in their garage they weren't using, and it was the perfect fit for our den!  So they just built around it!  Here are a few pictures I took of the process.  Once again, Ben had a "vision," and I think it was achieved!





I'll post the finished pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment