Saturday, July 9, 2011

Picture Wall

Hey! So apparently keeping up with a blog, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, a husband, and a house is a little more difficult than I anticipated!! I'm working on it though!  I'm currently working on a fun project that I've wanted to do for a while!  We have a very large bare wall that runs down the hallway.  We have plans to hang some large canvas prints there in the future, but that will be pretty pricey.  For now, I am excited to turn the space into a picture wall!!  I have always drooled over the pictures in Pottery Barn of the big collections of black and white pictures in all different sizes.  I'm doing my best to create our own, without spending a ton of money.  The hardest part has been choosing which photos to use!  We all know about my obsession with pictures!!  It just so happens that a friend of mine is a great photographer!  We had planned for her to take newborn pictures of Walker when he was...well..a newborn.  Of course we didn't plan on spending 2 weeks in Charleston in a hospital.  As soon as we were home and settled in, we set a date!  She did an amazing job and is super affordable if you are in the Lexington area and need a friendly photographer!  You won't be disappointed!  Here are a few of my favorites from the shoot.  I will share pictures of the completed picture wall when it's done!  I'm still waiting on a few prints to be delivered.  Here is Kayla's site for those who are interested!  http://kaylawilkes.smugmug.com/













1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Val! I can't wait to see the wall put together!

    ReplyDelete